I watched the Brady Bunch, I didn’t have an Alice in the kitchen, only my Mum and on Saturdays my Dad made hamburgers…
I watched the Monkeys, fell in love with Davey while I sang and danced around the room …
I wanted to be a part of the Partridge Family, they were so cool, and their clothes …
I watched Bill and Ben (what? say my American viewers), they were Flowerpot men ….
I watched Romper Room (now I have lost you all completely – except the Aussies who remember) I drank the milk with the T.V studio guests, wishing I would be on the show. “Romper, Stomper, Stomper, Do. have you had fun at play?”, I can see Jenny and David and …. I wished Miss Patricia would say my name.
I wanted my life to be like the imported Sit Coms from the States.
Alas, it wasn’t. It was a typical Australian upbringing (60’s /70’s), Dad worked, Mum didn’t until I was in High School. Then it was at my High School , talk about pressure to do well!, couldn’t escape when your mother was in the front office.
I played Netball, was a Brownie, then a Guide.
I left school at 18. Went on a year Rotary Youth Exchange for 12 months. Returned and started studying.
Childhood, it was what it was, loved every minute, would not change it for all the ‘tea in China’. —
As a mother, I hope my children can write the same…
There are fireworks outside its Midnight in Sydney ~ reminding me its Happy Luna New Year, (especially to all the Water Snakes 🙂
This is my response to Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited.
These are the responses of others …
- Stop Child Abuse! « My thoughts, My life
- If I could turn back time… « Q the Adult
- Childhood Revisited | Ramblin’ On
- Back to the Future. « ayimas
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited « Family Photos Food & Craft
- I Ain’t Like Sinatra; I Had Regrets, More Than A Few | The Jittery Goat
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited | The Evolving Dad
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited « Brad’s Blog
- Seesaws | One for the Big Guy.. sometimes.
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited…I hate visiting. | ThesesLittlePieces
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited | …and she writes
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited « Completely Disappear
- Daily Prompt: Childhood revisited « Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- The Road Behind | The Nameless One
- Daily Post: Childhood Revisted | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited « ღ Blank Doodles ღ
- Childhood Revisited. « I’m Afraid Of The Dark
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited « A Western Buddhist’s Travels
- My Life As A Child – Daily Prompt | Misanthropic Muse
- Daily Prompt: Do-Over « One Starving Activist
- The Whistler | Honey Did you See that?
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited | nevercryoverspilledmilk
- No Genie Available, But Make Your Wish Anyhow | Stuphblog
- found «
- Childhood Revisted (trigger warning) « Prayers and Promises
- The Early Years | In My Mother’s Mind
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited — Dirty Memories | cancerinmythirties
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited « This Is My Corn
- To gaze at the sky, in wonderment | Purnimodo
- First name basis « theseeker
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited | Waggingmytale’s Blog
- DP: Childhood Revisited/ Memories of mum moments / M, M, M. | motherofnine9
- Childhood Revisited: Forsaken | The Writing Culturist
- Daily Prompt: Childhood Revisited « Edgledge’s Ramblings