It is just past midnight on a hot and humid Sydney night. It has rained for two days and two nights. Some parts of the east coast have been experiencing the effects of a cyclone, luckily we are high and dry. Tonight I thought I would see the full moon, but alas, when I looked up all I saw were clouds. I didn’t watch the news for the weather forecast, so will have to wait to see what weather the day brings.
I look out across the road and I see street lights, in the distance are the lights of the local university campus, they emit a strange orange light on this humid cloudy night.
The cars a parked in the carport. The light is turned on by my movement.
It is eerily quiet, no cars are travelling on the road. How ever their is the ever present sound of the Cicada’s buzzing.
I look to the west and I see the outline of the trees that line the park, gum trees look magnificent in any light.
I look to the east and see the summer insects crawling up a wall.
It is time to return inside, turn off the computer, turn off the lights and go to bed.
Goodnight D 34
Others that aren’t in their bed can see …
- The Sight of Nothingness « Q the Adult
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window | The Gozum Show
- DP: I Saw the Wind | Common Chapters: life changes
- Daily Prompt: Through the window | free penny press
- Through the Window… | Renato Vasconcellos David
- Through the Window | Drama Queen Under the Sun
- Daily Post: Through the Window | tel-uh-vizh-uh-ner-ee
- Through the window: Fall Time Leaves | بيسان
- Through The Morning Window | Dancing with Fireflies
- Through the Window « The Poet Companions
- Something to Look Forward To « theseeker
- From out my window | The Temenos Journal
- Outside « Spunky Wayfarer
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window | Into the Night | Loading…
- Ginger Through the Window-Glass | Sorta Ginger: Ramblings of a Quasi-Redhead
- Through the evening window | The Nameless One
- The coy, Koi… « Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily prompt: Through the window « Sheep in a basket
- Daily Prompt: Wacky Neighbors | wordsandotherthings
- Budding | One for the Big Guy.. sometimes.
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window…What Window? | Stuphblog
- Ode to a Tesco Bag | Simone Says
- Outside My Window « The Silver Lining of the Optimistic Pessimist
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window | Daddy’s Naughty Little Girl
- DP Challenge Through the Window – Poem « hometogo232
- Beyond The Grills! | amateurxpress
- DP: Through the Window « Life of Me and Mine
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window | A Small Press Life
- ants go marching | thematticuskingdom
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window « Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Daily prompt: Through the Window « Ramblings of a jerk
- Through the window | Pigments of Life
- DP: Through a Canadian Window | motherofnine9
- Just A Minute « I Believe
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window « Now Writing Every Day
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window « A Western Buddhist’s Travels
- Winter’s Gone | This Thread Sucks
- BEYOND. « ayimas
- REACT…to just another normal morning UNTIL… | ACT. REACT. or just THINK about it!
- Double Paned « theloneshewolf
- I Opened A Different Sort Of Window Entirely… | All Those Small Things
- Room with a view « thoughtsofrkh
- Through the Window | A Month of Mindful Blogging
- Through the Window (YUCK!) « smittenwithhim
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window « So You Think You Can Think
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window | Yeahthtsme
- Through the Window « Klassi K | Magazine
- A Cube with a View « My Mind-Grapes
- I Should Be Seeing Snow | Shadoza: In My World
- Through the Window « pajarigirls
- What’s through the window? | A Blog for Laura Lee
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window | Reviewer Rose
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window – EMPTY SLATE « The Ladyboy Mirror
- Daily Prompt: Through the Window « Jumbalya of thoughts and musings