What do I think is the best thing …
This made ponder, what do I have and think has helped me since my Grandmother’s time, yes, she sliced her bread everyday. She was known as Mac for all her life even though she was baptised Clara MacLean.
For me it easier to answer by remembering what she had or didn’t have and comparing it with what I have or don’t have;
- She was the eldest of 8, and was sent to live with her Aunt, I grew up with only 2 other siblings with my parents
- She left school at 12 years and didn’t gain a further qualification, I went to school until the final year and have graduated from University with a Graduate Certificate, Bachelor and Masters degree.
- She married and was a stay at home mum, I married and have been in the workforce either full-time or part-time (due to childcare commitments)
- She washed with a machine with a ringer attached that had to be manually moved from on tub to the other, I have a automatic washing machine
- She only travelled by car,train or bus, I have a passport and have travelled beyond the borders of Australia
- She lived in one state, I have lived in 3 different countries
- She had a kerosine heater, which she moved from room to room, I have a 2 Gas heaters and ducted air conditioning.
- She baked in a fuel (wooden) stove attached to the garage, I bake indoors in an electric oven
- She had her own hand written cookbook and many other cookbooks that she used, I have the internet and blogs that I follow ….. but I have some of her cookbooks, that I treasure
What do I think is better than sliced bread? the things that make my life a little easier, and also baking the recipes that I treasure from Clara Maclean’s cookbook.
What do others thinks is the best …